Why make the choice for physical archive storage? It is not always necessary and cost-efficient to digitise (all) files. In practice it turns out that (part of) the paper files are no longer often consulted but should be preserved. In order to free up space, external storage is a good solution.
Forms of archive storage
Archive-IT offers three different forms of archive storage: storage at pallet level, storage at file level, and conditioned storage.
Storage at pallet level
Organisations often have static archives; for example, an archive with a low consultation frequency that must be kept according to the law. For this archive Archive-IT offers storage at pallet level; bulk storage where the archives are registered at box level and the archives are stored on pallets or in filing cabinets. This is a cost and space saving solution for physical archives that are not or hardly consulted.
Storage at file level
This storage option is for the archive that you do not need frequently, but would like to be available very quickly when you need one or more files. Each file is individually registered and archived, enabling us to make a required file available digitally within 1.5 hours.
This storage option is mainly chosen for files that have to be kept for a very long or infinite period of time. A complete climate system regulates and monitors the relevant climate factors. Think of constant humidity and temperature. This climate system also signals when the values do not meet the standards. This signalling enables us to quickly adjust the parameters, where necessary, so that they fall within the set standards again.
Regardless of which storage level is chosen, the process of physical archiving consists of five steps:
- Inventory: the inventory of the archive is carried out by the customer himself or left to an Archive-IT employee. From this inventory follows a quotation with an investment proposal.
- Transport: the archive is retrieved by Archive-IT using secure transport. As soon as the truck leaves the customer’s premises, the archive is transported directly to Archive-IT’s secure archive. Upon arrival, the archive is unloaded in a secure lock.
- Intake: each archive document (whether it is a box, file or file) is marked with a barcode. This is then registered in Archive-IT’s system. By characterizing the records, they are easily retrievable in the archive and are visible at all times in the Virtual Archive (software application of Archive-IT) which records are stored.
- Archiving: after the intake, the archive is stored in one of the secured premises.
- Access: the customer is given access to the Virtual Archive to gain insight into the registered archive documents. Applications are also submitted via the Virtual Archive when a file is required. This can be sent physically, by registered mail, or made available digitally via the Scanning on Demand service.
Scanning on Demand
When the archive is physically stored at Archive-IT, you gain access to the Virtual Archive to manage the archive records. Need a file? Via Scanning on Demand or our courier service, you can access the required files at any time. A file is requested digitally and can be made available within 1.5 hours! By using Scanning on Demand you gradually build up a digital archive, with only what you actually need.
Archive documents often have to be kept for a mandatory period. After the storage period has expired, the documents can be destroyed. After the signed order of the client, the archive will be destroyed confidentially. Archive-IT works together with SUEZ, specialist in the confidential destruction of privacy-sensitive documents.
Security is number one at Archive-IT. We take the highest achievable measures to ensure that your archive is safe and handled with care. Both physically and digitally. Our Privacy and Security Officer, together with our Data Protection Officer, ensure that all our processes and activities are carried out in full compliance with the AVG. The importance of information security is confirmed by the ISO 27001 and NEN 7510 certificates.
Would you like to free up office space by physically archiving the archive? Feel free to contact Archive-IT for the possibilities.