Privacy Day is held annually on 28 January to raise awareness of privacy and promote the protection of personal data. The day was created by the Council of Europe. On 28 January, the Data Protection Convention was opened for signature in 1981. Archive-IT is committed to privacy and data protection and we are committed to this every day with the entire team.
Privacy Day is an opportunity to recognize the importance of protecting personal data and take steps to ensure that personal data is collected, processed, and stored securely and lawfully. The day also serves to inform people about their rights to data protection and how to protect them from misuse.
Archive IT & Privacy
With the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG) in 2018, privacy compliance has become an even more important issue for businesses. So too for Archive-IT. For more than 20 years, security and privacy have been central to our operations. We process many files full of privacy-sensitive information every day, which is why we need to have our privacy affairs in order. This way, our customers can trust us with their valuable and privacy-sensitive information!
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, Archive-IT takes several measures. Some of these measures include:
- A written and internally communicated Security Policy is in place;
- A Privacy Declaration (statement) has been drawn up, which describes how we handle personal data within Archive-IT;
- We also have a clear and well-organized processing register. This allows us to see at a glance from which client we manage which type of information, which processing operations are involved, and what the basis is;
- There is a described data breach procedure with an associated data breach assessment form;
- New colleagues receive training on the subject of privacy and information security;
- Periodic awareness is raised among colleagues to prevent (security) incidents;
- We have a Data Protection Officer, Drs A. (Alex) E. Klaassen (Managing Partner at NewDay IT Risk & Assurance Services). This position has been placed externally due to expertise and independence.
Archive-IT is committed on a daily basis, both physically and digitally, to safeguard the privacy of our customers and to ensure that the information security of our work processes and solutions is maintained at the highest possible level.
Want to learn more about privacy and how Archive-IT deals with it? Send a message to our Privacy Officer.