It’s January 28th, which means it’s Privacy Day. The annual Privacy Day was created by the Council of Europe. On 28 January the Data Protection Treaty was opened for signature in 1981. We at Archive-IT attach great importance to privacy and data protection, and together with the entire team we are committed to this on a daily basis. It has been some time since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. Although Archive-IT already acted in accordance with the predecessor of the GDPR, the Personal Data Protection Act (WBP), in recent years we have taken a number of good steps to meet your wishes and our compliance obligations even better.
What have we done?
- With Drs A. (Alex) E. Klaassen, we have brought in an expert and passionate Data Protection Officer;
- A Code of Conduct has been drawn up;
- A clear and transparent processing register has been drawn up. In this way, we can see at a glance from which client we manage what type of information, what processing is involved and what the basis is;
- A Privacy Statement has been drawn up for internal agreements. This is a handbook on how we handle personal data;
- Of course, the data leak procedure is not lacking and we regularly update our entire team on the subject of privacy and information security;
- Our software is subject to a review in which Privacy by Default and Privacy by Design become an important part. Think of even better possibilities of retention and destruction.
Are we there?
The answer to this question is no. We are not in a situation where we can sit back and relax. After all, our environment is subject to change. We also don’t like to sit still and we want to constantly lift ourselves to a higher level.
As a team, we work continuously to improve our processes and services and their impact on privacy and information security. Everything that cannot be carried out automatically, but only through human actions, is vulnerable to errors. We make every effort to prevent human error.
However, we can state that we have a solid and sufficiently large foundation when it comes to our privacy and information security policy. This year we will start again (again) with full confidence.