Municipality of Bergen faced the limitation that paper personnel files can only be present at one location at a time. The HR Department of the Municipality of Bergen works with the Centric program. So besides the fact that they still had paper personnel files, they also had information about employees in Centric. Multiple islands of information, causing inefficiency and a limitation in secure accessibility.
After a positive experience of municipality Gennep with Archive-IT, municipality Bergen decided to contact Archive-IT for digitizing their personnel files as well. Archive-IT suggested several options, after which the municipality opted to do a clean-up first. There was enough internal capacity to completely clean up the files beforehand, so that it complied with the AVG and was in line with the digital layout they have in Centric. Archive-IT delivered the tabs, so that they could be added directly during the cleanup. During the project there has been frequent contact between both parties to monitor the progress. After the cleanup Archive-IT carefully digitised all files for Centric.
- The personnel files are always and everywhere available for authorised employees.
- A lot of time is saved because the right file can be found within a few mouse clicks.
- The digital files have been made AVG-proof.
- Valuable space is freed up within the organisation.
- One information point is created with all data of all employees.
- Transparency for employees, through direct access to their own file.